Aid For Nonprofit Groups

Main Content
Release date: 
May 17, 2002
Release Number: 
1409-18

Waldorf, MD -- Under the Public Assistance Program requested by Governor Parris N. Glendening and declared by President Bush, certain private non-profit organizations which perform emergency services or had facilities damaged in Calvert and Charles counties may be eligible for federal disaster assistance as a result of the tornado damage of April 28.

June 5 is the deadline for submitting a Request for Public Assistance.

Program administrators will determine eligibility. Examples of groups that may be eligible are: educational institutions, utilities, custodial care, emergency or medical facilities and voluntary fire departments.

Grants for disaster-related damages or emergency services performed are made through the Public Assistance Program. FEMA provides 75 percent of the funding and the other 25 percent is funded by the applicant.

These grants may reimburse eligible costs for repair or restoration of damaged infrastructure, debris removal and emergency protective measures.

Potential applicants should contact the Maryland Emergency Management Agency for more information at 202-679-5199.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Related Disaster: 
Back to Top