Kansas City, MO -- The FEMA/Missouri Joint Information Center, which opened February 11, 2002 in Grandview, Mo. to provide disaster information to the media, will close April 5, 2002.
A summary of recovery operations through April 5, 2002:
- To date, 17,935 Missourians affected by the January ice storm have registered for assistance through FEMA's toll-free registration line.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration has approved $800,700 in disaster loans.
- $2.6 million in grants have been awarded to pay for temporary housing needs, including minor home repairs.
- $491,000 in grants for disaster-related serious needs and necessary expenses have been awarded through the Individual and Family Grant Program.
- $28.5 million has been approved to assist State, local governments, and private not for profit organizations to repair or replace their infrastructure.
- To date, more than 1.9 million cubic yards of debris have been picked up in the Kansas City metro area.