Denton, TX -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency will evaluate off-site activities around Arkansas Nuclear One during a nuclear power plant exercise on Wednesday, March 27. This graded, biennial exercise will test how well Arkansas Nuclear One and the state and local governments can protect people who live near the nuclear power plant.
FEMA will present preliminary exercise findings of the off-site exercise in a public meeting at 10:30 a.m. on March 29 at the Ritchie Training Auditorium, Arkansas Nuclear One, Russellville, Arkansas. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission will use FEMA's final report in licensing decisions.
Participants in the exercise include:
- Arkansas State Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Arkansas Department of Health
- Emergency Communications Center, Little Rock
- Arkansas State Emergency Operations Facility
- Emergency News Center
- Arkansas Department of Health Field Radiological Monitoring Teams
- Conway, Johnson, Pope, Yell, and Logan Counties EOC's
- Radio Station KXRJ, Russellville