Main Content

$2 Million Obligated For Restoration Of Medical Records In Texas

Main Content
Release date: 
December 14, 2001
Release Number: 

Houston, TX -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said today it has obligated more than $2 million to the State of Texas for restoration of medical records at the Texas Medical Center's University Care Plus facility damaged by Tropical Storm Allison in June.

FEMA Director Joe Allbaugh said, "Helping restore these medical records continues to demonstrate our strong commitment to the Texas Medical Center Community. This grant will help restore these records to pre-disaster condition."

Total cost of the project is $2.7 million. FEMA provides 75 percent ($2 million) of the project's cost, pending compliance with program requirements. The remaining 25 percent non-federal share comes from local resources. The funding will restore 50,000 records representing 12.5 million pages, and will also assist in mitigation measures to help protect against possible future flooding.

The FEMA funds are made available under the FEMA Public Assistance Program. The State of Texas administers the program under which eligible disaster-related costs are reimbursed to government units and certain non-profits providing essential government-like services in the areas of emergency protective measures, debris removal and restoration of public facilities.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: