Oklahoma City, OK -- There are now 275 registrations for federal and state disaster assistance, filed by residents and businesses with damages and losses from the October 9th tornadoes in Washita County and the town of Cordell, through the 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) application number.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), State of Oklahoma and the Small Business Administration (SBA) have approved more than $765,000 in assistance to individuals and businesses affected by the tornadoes. This includes emergency rental assistance, emergency home repair, Individual and Family Grants (IFG) to replace lost essential property, and low interest SBA disaster loans.
- 58 families have received disaster rental assistance grants totaling $49,666.
- 23 applicants have received emergency home repair grants totaling $84,689.
- 33 IFG's totaling $112,804 are approved for the replacement of essential lost property.
- 10 applicants are receiving SBA low interest loans for homeowners and renters totaling $376,800.
- 5 SBA loans totaling $132,000 are approved for business damages, while four economic injury disaster loans totaling $13,100 have been made.