Denton, TX -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) evaluated off-site activities around the Comanche Peak Steam Electric Station (CPSES) during a nuclear power plant exercise on Wednesday, August 22. This exercise tested how well CPSES and the state and local governments can protect people who live near the nuclear power plant.
FEMA presented preliminary findings of the off-site exercise in a public meeting at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, August 23, at the Hood County Courthouse Annex, 200 N. Gordon Street in Granbury. The Nuclear Regulatory Commission will use FEMA's report in licensing decisions.
Event: CPSES Exercise
Purpose: Graded, Biennial Radiological Emergency Preparedness Exercise
- Department of Public Safety, Disaster District 6A, Emergency Operations Center, Waco
- Texas Department of Health-Bureau of Radiation Control (BRC) at the CPSES
- Emergency Operating Facility
- BRC Field Monitoring Teams, various locations
- News Center at CPSES
- County Emergency Operations Centers (EOCs) in Granbury and Glen Rose
- Radio Station WBAP, Arlington