Baton Rouge, LA -- Federal, state, local and voluntary agencies are working in partnership to help Louisiana residents and business owners recover from the effects of Tropical Storm Allison from June 5-22. The following is a summary of ongoing recovery efforts for the period ending August 24, 2001.
89,292 individuals who may have suffered damages from Tropical Storm Allison registered for assistance through FEMA's toll-free registration line.
- $34,224,812 has been approved in grants for temporary housing needs, including minor home repairs.
- $43,512,216 has been approved by the Individual and Family Grant program for serious needs and necessary expenses not covered by other programs.
- $22,322,000 has been approved by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) for disaster loans.
- 96.2 percent of inspections for the current registrations have been completed. There are 111 inspectors in the field. Inspection turnaround time is averaging 3.5 days.
- 139 communities and state agencies have applied for Public Assistance.
- $8,706,053 has been obligated under the Public Assistance Program.
Important Telephone Numbers:
TOLL-FREE REGISTRATION: 1-800-462-9029
Phone lines are operational from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday.