Baton Rouge, LA -- Federal, state, local and voluntary agencies are working in partnership to help Louisiana residents and business owners recover from Tropical Storm Allison that occurred June 5-11. The following is a summary of ongoing recovery efforts for the period ending August 10, 2001.
70,162 individuals who may have suffered damages from Tropical Storm Allison registered for assistance through FEMA's toll-free registration line.
- $28,424,334 has been approved in grants for temporary housing needs, including minor home repairs.
- $32,063,177 has been approved by the Individual and Family Grants program for serious needs and necessary expenses not covered by other programs.
- $19,406,900 in disaster loans has been approved by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
- 93 percent of inspections for the current registrations have been completed.
- 71 communities have applied for Public Assistance.
- $6,852,593 has been obligated under the Public Assistance Program.
Important Telephone Numbers:
TOLL-FREE REGISTRATION 1-800-462-9029
Phone lines are operational from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week.