Olympia, WA -- As aid approved to help Washington residents and businesses recover from the Nisqually earthquake tops $111.16 million, state and federal officials continue to urge disaster victims to call the FEMA registration number at 1-800-462-9029 (TTY 1-800-462-7585). The deadline to register is June 30, 2001.
The following are highlights of the ongoing disaster response and recovery efforts since the Presidential disaster declaration on March 1, as of close of business June 27.
- Since the disaster declaration, $45.6 million in aid has been approved for temporary disaster housing assistance and minimal repair grants from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Inspectors have completed 32,936 damage verifications in the declared counties.
- The U. S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has approved more than $63 million in low-interest loans to homeowners, renters and businesses of all sizes.
- The Individual and Family Grant program has approved $2.56 million for residents affected by the earthquake. Grants are to assist with serious disaster-related needs and necessary expenses not covered by insurance or other disaster programs.
- The number of applications made for disaster assistance through FEMA's toll-free registration line totaled 38,003 at the close of business, June 27.
|County||Registrations||Approved Temporary Housing Assistance||SBA Approved Disaster Loans|