Disaster Relief Available To Communities In Declared Counties

Main Content
Release date: 
May 29, 2001
Release Number: 
1373-02

Kansas City, MO -- The Nebraska Emergency Management Agency NEMA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) want to remind communities in the 26 Nebraska counties declared a major disaster that they are eligible to apply for all categories of public assistance.

Al Berndt, the Governor's Authorized Representative, said communities and some non-profit agencies in the designated counties are eligible for federal sharing of the costs of emergency services, debris removal and to repair or replace public facilities such as roads, bridges, buildings and utilities. Approved projects will have a 75-25 cost share with the federal government paying 75 percent and the remaining 25 percent shared between the state and community.

The counties designated eligible for public assistance include Banner, Blaine, Box Butte, Brown, Chase, Cherry, Cheyenne, Deuel, Gage, Garden, Hayes, Hooker, Johnson, Keith, Keya Paha, Kimball, Lincoln, Logan, McPherson, Morrill, Nuckolls, Perkins, Rock, Saline, Sioux and Thomas.

Federal Coordinating Officer Carlos Mitchell said communities interested in applying for public assistance should apply with NEMA through their county's emergency management agency

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Related Disaster: 
Back to Top