Have Insurance? Apply Anyway!

Main Content
Release date: 
May 9, 2001
Release Number: 

Great Bend, KS -- If you suffered damages from the recent severe storms and tornadoes, you may be eligible for disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) even if you are insured.

Federal Coordinating Officer, Carlos Mitchell said, "If you were uninsured, under-insured or your insurance policy did not cover some of your expenses, damages or losses, FEMA may be able to help."

State of Kansas Coordinating Officer, Gene Krase added, "If your insurance company did not fully cover your losses, take the first step and call FEMA's teleregistration number at 1-800-462-9029. FEMA may be able to help you."

Anyone who sustained damage from the severe storms and tornadoes should register with FEMA by calling the toll-free teleregistration number: 1-800-462-9029. TTY service is available at 1-800-462-7585 for anyone who is hearing- or speech-impaired. The registration numbers are available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CDT, seven days a week until further notice. The disaster programs available include temporary housing, individual and family grants, disaster unemployment assistance, low-interest loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration for homeowners, renters or business owners, and other aid programs.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top