Little Rock, AR -- A special toll-free phone number has been set up by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Arkansas Department of Emergency Management (ADEM) for individuals who have applied for federal and state disaster-recovery assistance.
The Helpline number is 800-525-0321, or 800-462-7585 for speech- and hearing-impaired individuals. The lines are answered 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily until further notice.
The Helpline can provide many functions for the applicant such as:
- Checking on the status of their application;
- Referring inspection problems to a program specialist;
- Updating information about the applicant such as a phone number;
- Referring special needs; and
- Providing information about the Disaster Recovery Centers.
Before calling the Helpline, residents are urged to first register with FEMA by calling 800-462-9029 or 800-462-7585 for speech- and hearing-impaired individuals.