State And FEMA Schedule Briefings On Infrastructure Assistance

Main Content
Release date: 
December 5, 2000
Release Number: 
1349-05

Oklahoma City, OK -- The process of applying for state and federal disaster assistance for debris removal, emergency protective measures and the repair, restoration and replacement of public facilities damaged in the wake of the October storms and flooding in nine southwest Oklahoma counties.

Briefings on the public assistance program for infrastructure are scheduled for later this week for local, county representatives and certain private non-profit organization officials, according to a joint announcement from Fred Liebe State Coordinating Officer and Joe D. Bray, Federal Coordinating Officer for the disaster recovery effort.

To assist public agencies in applying for state and federal funding, Liebe said briefings have been scheduled in three locations to explain in detail the procedures to follow when applying for public assistance for infrastructure in the recovery efforts of local communities.

Briefings will be as follows:

ANADARKO

Thurs.12/7/00 at 8:30 a.m.
Anadarko Public Library
215 West Broadway
Anadarko

LAWTON

Thurs. 12/7/00 at 1:30 p.m.
Great Plains Technical Center
4500 West Lee Blvd.
Lawton

ARDMORE

Friday, 12/8/00 at 8:30 a.m.
Ardmore/Carter County
Emergency Operations Center
City Hall, 23 S. Washington
Ardmore

FEMA Director James Lee Witt designated nine Oklahoma counties eligible for the public assistance. The counties included are: Caddo, Carter, Comanche, Cotton, Grady, Jefferson, Kiowa, McClain and Tillman.

With the Presidential disaster declaration, affected local governments in these counties are eligible to apply for federal assistance to fund 75 percent of the approved costs for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and repairing, restoring or replacing damaged public facilities. The remaining 25 percent can be a combination of non-federal, state, and community funds. Disaster assistance also may be provided to repair, restore and replace facilities owned by certain private non-profit organizations that operate and maintain educational, utility, emergency, medical, custodial care and other essential governmental service facilities.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top