Oklahoma and FEMA to Open Apache Disaster Recovery Center

Main Content
Release date: 
November 30, 2000
Release Number: 

Oklahoma City, OK -- State and federal disaster recovery agencies will open a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) in Apache at 9 a.m. on Friday, December 1, to serve homeowners, renters and business owners affected by the storms and flooding in southwest Oklahoma between October 21 and 29. The Apache center is located at the former Family Medical Clinic Building, 121 East Evans St.

Residents with storm or flooding damages to their home, personal belongings or business property in Caddo and Grady counties are urged to apply for assistance by calling 800 462-9029 or, for the hearing or speech impaired, TTY 800-462-7585. Both numbers are available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days a week. The application process only takes about 20 to 30 minutes.

"Applying by phone is a quick and efficient way to help those who need it," said Fred Liebe, State Coordinating Officer (SCO) for Oklahoma. "We will share that information with other state and federal agencies, as well as volunteer organizations, to get them the help they need."

After calling the toll-free application number for assistance, disaster victims may then visit the center to meet face-to-face with recovery specialists. Representatives of local, state and federal agencies, as well as volunteer agencies, will be on hand to provide program and service information. The Apache center will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday until further notice and on Sunday, December 3, from 1p.m. to 6 p.m.

"The Apache center can provide information on disaster housing assistance, low-interest loans for homeowners and renters as well as businesses from the U.S. Small Business Administration," said Joe D. Bray, Federal Coordinating Officer (FCO) for FEMA. "Technical assistance on how to minimize future flood damages and information on the National Flood Insurance Program will also be available," he said..

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top