Disaster Recovery Center Opens

Main Content
Release date: 
October 23, 2000
Release Number: 

Lansing, MI -- To further help individuals who have suffered storm and flood damage, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Michigan State Police/Emergency Management Division (MSP/EMD) are opening a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) in Taylor at 10 a.m. Wednesday. Hours after Wednesday are 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. daily until further notice.

The DRC is designed to meet the needs of individuals who have already applied for assistance under President Clinton's disaster declaration and may have further questions about assistance. Individuals may go to the DRC to:

  • Examine options for rebuilding or repairing damaged buildings
  • Learn common-sense measures to reduce the impact of future flooding
  • Receive additional assistance on and specific information concerning U.S. Small Business Administration disaster loans
  • Receive written information about flood relief help
  • Receive information on disaster housing and Individual and Family Grant (IFG) Programs
  • Learn about the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
  • Get referral information for other programs.

The DRC is located at the Family Independence Office, 22050 Pennsylvania Avenue, Taylor. It is a temporary office, so emergency management officials urge flood victims to take advantage today of the valuable information available at no cost.

FEMA and MSP/EMD also have established a toll-free Helpline 1-800-525-0321(TTY 1-800-462-7585) to aid individuals who have applied for assistance and have questions on the status of the application or need to report changes in information or give additional information -- such as insurance coverage or change of residence or phone number.

If you suffered damage from the severe storms or flooding, on September 10th and 11th, and live in Wayne County, you can apply for assistance by calling the toll-free teleregistration number 1 800 462-9029 (TTY 1-800 462-7585) between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top