Have Insurance? Apply Anyway!

Main Content
Release date: 
May 9, 2000
Release Number: 

Parsons, KS -- If you suffered damages from the April 19th and 20th severe storms and tornadoes, you may be eligible for disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) even if you are insured.

Federal Coordinating Officer, Louis Botta said, "If you were uninsured, under-insured or your insurance policy did not cover some of your damages or losses, FEMA may be able to help."

The disaster assistance programs available include temporary housing, individual and family grants, disaster unemployment assistance, low-interest loans from the U.S. Small Business Administration for homeowners, renters or business owners, and other aid programs.

State of Kansas Coordinating Officer, Anne Allen added, "If your insurance company did not fully cover your losses, take the first step by calling FEMA's teleregistration number at 1-800-462-9029."

Anyone who sustained damage from the severe storms and tornadoes should register with FEMA by calling the toll-free teleregistration number: 1-800-462-9029. TTY service is available at 1-800-462-7585 for anyone who is hearing- or speech-impaired. The registration numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CDT, seven days a week until further notice.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top