Mail Back SBA Application For FEMA Eligibility

Main Content
Release date: 
March 15, 2000
Release Number: 

CHARLESTON, W. Va. -- West Virginia residents who suffered flood damage from last month's storms, landslides and flash flooding and were mailed a US Small Business Administration (SBA) loan application, are reminded that the loan applications need to be completed and returned promptly.

Disaster officials stress that eligibility for real or personal property assistance under the State-administered Individual and Family Grant Program (IFGP) cannot be determined until after the SBA loan application is completed and returned. SBA officials also emphasize that SBA disaster loans are not just for businesses, but are designed as long term recovery funding for homeowners and renters as well.

The SBA has help programs for citizens who need assistance in filling out the forms. Residents can visit one of the SBA tables set up at various Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) established to aid disaster victims. John Peele, officer-in-charge of the SBA West Virginia disaster relief operation, encourages people who need help to ask for it, emphasizing that, "If you come in, I have loan officers who will help you fill out the forms." DRC's are located at:

Kanawha County
Gilmer County
Wetzel County
Coonskin Armory
1701 Coonskin Drive
Charleston, WV 25305
Forestry Building-Eberle Hall
925 Mineral Road
Glenville, WV 26351
The Byrd Center
North Fork Road
Pine Grove, WV 26419

In addition, three mobile DRCs are operating in flood-affected regions throughout the state and are equipped to handle SBA applications for processing. Check news media for locations and time for mobile DRC visits to your area or call FEMA's HELPLINE at 1-800-525-0321.

Residents can also dial toll free 1-800-659-2955 and receive immediate help from SBA loan officers over the phone.

The interest rate for most SBA home loans is currently set at 3.812 percent. The interest rate for most business loans and non-profit organizations is 4.0 percent.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top