Rental Listings Sought for Kentucky Flood Victims

Main Content
Release date: 
March 6, 2000
Release Number: 

FRANKFORT, Ky. -- State and federal disaster recovery officials are asking for help in finding temporary rental housing for victims of the February storms and flash flooding in northeastern Kentucky.

W.R. Padgett, director of the state Division of Emergency Management, asked that realtors, rental property managers and owners provide information to the Federal Emergency Management Agency on available rental units. These may include apartments, condominiums, duplexes, efficiencies, houses, manufactured housing, rooms and townhouses.

Gov. Paul Patton assured people in the storm-damaged counties that "while we can't restore all you've lost, we're doing all we can to provide relief , including finding housing near family and friends."

Counties in which housing assistance may be provided under the Feb. 28 presidential disaster declaration are Bath, Boyd, Carter, Fleming, Greenup, Lewis, Mason, Nicholas, Robertson and Rowan.

Detailed information about available units should be faxed to the state/Federal Emergency Management Agency disaster field office at 1-502-875-3668, addressed to FEMA, Disaster Field Office, Human Services Division. The information needed:

  • Name and phone number of the property owner or manager.
  • Complete address of the available property, including the county.
  • Rental cost of the units.
  • Number of bedrooms in the units.
  • Security deposit required.
  • Whether children or pets are allowed.
  • Whether there access for persons with disabilities.
  • Whether a lease is required.
  • Whether the property has HUD or Section 8 certification.

Individuals and businesses affected by February storms and flooding who have not registered should do so promptly by calling 1-800-462-9029 (TTY 1-800-462-7585).

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top