Application Process For Disaster Assistance

Main Content
Release date: 
February 28, 2000
Release Number: 
1316-02

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- A series of briefings to inform eligible agencies and local governments about the application process for disaster assistance is scheduled for Cordova, Seward, Soldotna and Valdez areas, according to state and federal officials.

State, local and tribal governments and certain private non-profit organizations may apply for help with emergency and permanent repair work necessitated by the severe winter storms and avalanches that began December 21, 1999.

At each briefing, representatives from the Alaska Division of Emergency Services (ADES) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will answer questions about the public assistance and hazard mitigation programs and detail the procedure to follow in applying for help.

Briefings are scheduled for:

Wednesday, March 1 at 10 AM
Cordova Electric Boardroom
705 2nd St.
Cordova

Monday, March 6 at 10 AM
City Council Chambers, City Hall
410 Adams St.
Seward

Wednesday, March 8 at 10 AM
Soldotna City Hall
177 N. Birch
Soldotna

Wednesday, March 15 at 10 AM
City Council Chambers
212 Chenega
Valdez

As a result of President Clinton's disaster declaration, 75 percent of the costs of eligible approved projects will be reimbursed by federal funds. The State of Alaska and the applicant will share the remaining 25 percent.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: