Federal Assistance Approved for Anne Arundel County

Main Content
Release date: 
October 18, 1999
Release Number: 
1303-21

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Anne Arundel County is now eligible to apply for state and federal disaster assistance to repair or replace public facilities damaged by Hurricane Floyd, September 16-20, disaster recovery officials announced today.

This brings to 11 the number of counties now eligible for the Public Assistance Program: Anne Arundel, Calvert, Caroline, Cecil, Charles, Harford, Kent, Queen Anne's, Somerset, St. Mary's, and Talbot. These counties were previously designated eligible for individual assistance for  homeowners, renters, and business owners.

Curt Musgrave, federal coordinating officer for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), said this latest disaster designation means that governmental entities in Anne Arundel County can apply for help with eligible costs associated with debris removal, emergency protective measures, and repairing or replacing damaged public facilities.

Disaster assistance also may be provided to repair, restore, or replace facilities owned by certain private, nonprofit organizations that operate and maintain educational, utility, emergency, medical, custodial care or other essential governmental service facilities.

According to FEMA officials, 75 percent of the costs of eligible approved projects will be reimbursed by federal funds. The remaining 25 percent must come from non-federal sources.

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Related Disaster: 
Back to Top