CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas -- Beginning this weekend the Disaster Recovery Centers opened in the wake of Hurricane Bret will be closed on weekends. The hours of operation will be 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The centers will also be closed Monday, October 11, in observance of the Columbus Day holiday
- The Disaster Recovery Center in Kingsville will close permanently at 6 p.m. Friday, October 8.
Center locations are:
- Corpus Christi, RTA Building, 1812 Alameda St.
- Falfurrias, Lacks Furniture Store, 119 W. Rice St.
- Kingsville, Dick Kleberg Park Recreation Building, Escondido Street (Closing Friday October 8 at 6 p.m.)
To learn about the types of assistance available, or to update your application, visit any of the Disaster Recovery Centers. Information is also available by calling the Helpline at 1-800-525-0321.
Anyone who suffered damages or losses as the result of Hurricane Bret is encouraged to register for assistance by calling the toll-free teleregistration number, 1-800-462-9029. Those with hearing or speech impairments may call TTY 1-800-462-7585.
The registration deadline is 6 p.m. Thursday October 21.