CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Federal, state, local and voluntary agencies are working in partnership to help Iowa residents and business owners recover from severe storms, floods, and tornadoes that occurred May 16-29. The following is a summary of ongoing response and recovery efforts for the period ending June 18, 1999.
- 2,743 victims of the recent severe storms and floods have registered for assistance through FEMA's toll-free registration line.
- $2.4 million has been approved in grants for temporary housing needs, including minor home repairs.
- $1.2 million in grants for disaster-related necessary expenses have been awarded through the Individual and Family Grant Program.
- $6.5 in disaster loans has been approved by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
- 98 percent of inspections for the current registrations have been completed.
- There have been 101 Requests for Public Assistance filed by governments and eligible non-profit organizations, with $435,202 obligated under the Public Assistance Program.
|Important Telephone Numbers:|
Phone lines are operational from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CDT), Monday - Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday.