CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- Federal, state, local and voluntary agencies are working in partnership to help Iowa residents and business owners recover from severe storms, floods, and tornadoes that occurred May 16-29. The following is a summary of ongoing response and recovery efforts for the period ending June 4, 1999.
- 2,388 victims of the recent severe storms and floods have registered for assistance through FEMA's toll-free registration line.
- $1,970,503 has been paid in grants for temporary housing needs, including minor home repairs.
- $554,261 in grants for disaster-related necessary expenses have been awarded through the Individual and Family Grant Program.
- $515,200 in disaster loans has been approved by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
- 57 communities have applied for Public Assistance.
- $128,368 has been obligated under the Public Assistance Program.
Important Telephone Numbers:
TOLL-FREE REGISTRATION 1-800-462-9029
Phone lines are operational from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (CDT), Monday - Saturday. Closed Sunday.