Greenville to Aquire 12-Unit Apartment Complex

Main Content
Release date: 
May 7, 1999
Release Number: 
R4-99-19

ATLANTA, Ga. -- A 12-unit apartment complex in the Greens Mill Run floodway of Pitt County, N.C., will be purchased and torn down as a result of repeated flooding.

The acquisition project will cost $195,819, said John Copenhaver, regional director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which will fund 75 percent of the sum. The state, through the North Carolina Emergency Management Division (NCEMD), will pay the remaining 25 percent share.

Eric Tolbert, NCEMD director, identified the apartments as being located at 2001 Evans St. in Greenville. He said residents would be able to move to safer ground as a result of the purchase.

The site will be maintained as open space, Tolbert added.

Last Updated: 
July 19, 2012 - 23:02
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top