March 5, 1999
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Federal and State officials continue disaster recovery efforts in Arkansas. Here is a recap of this week's activities.
- To help meet the needs of tornado victims unable to find other temporary housing, ten travel trailers and eleven manufactured houses have been located on private property, and seven manufactured houses have been placed on commercial property in Independence, Jefferson, Monroe, St. Francis and White counties.
- Individuals and business owners in the counties eligible for Individual Assistance Programs have until Tuesday, Mar. 23 to apply for assistance at FEMA's registration number
1-800-462-9029 (TTY 1-800-462-7585 for speech and hearing impaired persons) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- People who have applied for federal/state disaster assistance and have questions about their application or other kinds of assistance should call the FEMA Helpline (1-800-525-0321 or, for the speech and hearing impaired, TTY 1-800-660-8005).
- SBA has received 535 completed applications for home loans, 109 for business loans, and 89 for economic injury loans; a total of 733 completed applications. To date, SBA has approved 271 loans totaling $8,400,600.
- At close of business, Mar. 4, a total of 2,909 people with storm damage had registered for federal assistance and a total of 717 grants totaling $807,680 have been approved by FEMA's Disaster Housing Program.
- As of Mar.4, the number of applicants for individual assistance by county are :
- Clay, 67
- Faulkner, 37
- Grant, 7
- Greene, 29
- Independence, 280
- Jefferson, 35
- Lafayette, 12
- Lonoke, 38
- Miller, 30
- Monroe, 14
- Poinsett, 25
- Pulaski, 1,552
- Saline, 116
- St. Francis, 43
- White, 624
- A total of 446 checks totaling $1,354,196 have been approved for Individual and Family Grants as a result of recent storms and tornadoes. This program administered by the state is designed to meet the needs of individuals that have not been met by insurance, disaster loans or other forms of assistance.
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: