FEMA Seeking Temporary Housing Refferals

Main Content
Release date: 
February 5, 1999
Release Number: 

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is developing a list of rental properties for individuals and families who are in need of temporary housing due to recent severe storms, tornadoes and high winds. Property owners and landlords who have housing to rent should call the FEMA Helpline at 1-800-525-0321 (TTY 1-800-660-8005 for the hearing impaired) and give the addresses and contact names for their rental properties.

Storm victims whose homes or apartments were damaged or destroyed can get recommendations for temporary housing through this program by calling the FEMA Helpline at the numbers given above. Or they can visit a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) for person-to-person assistance.

When calling the registration number, applicants should be prepared to indicate a preference for the area desired, space needed and maximum monthly rental allowance. Applicants also need to furnish other details including the need for handicapped access, children or pet requirements, and if units need to be furnished or unfurnished.

Before calling the FEMA Helpline, storm victims must register by calling 1-800-462-9029 (TTY 1-800-462-7585 for the hearing impaired).

Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top