Anchorage, Alaska -- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Director James Lee Witt announced Kenai Peninsula Borough as Alaska's 1999 Project Impact Community, last month during the inaugural Project Impact: Building Disaster Resistant Communities Summit in Washington D.C. The borough joins the City of Anchorage (Alaska's 1998 Project Impact community) in the new initiative to reduce the effects on lives and property caused by cyclical natural disasters.
This morning's FEMA Radio Network news feed features Alaska Division of Emergency Services Acting Director David Liebersbach discussing:
- Project Impact: Building Disaster Resistant Communities - future of Emergency Management.
- What Project Impact IS.
- What Project Impact ISN'T.
- Forging Partnerships, Prioritizing Natural Hazards, TAKING ACTION?and sharing success!
- Alaska's Disaster Resistant Communities.
- Prioritizing Natural Disasters and Y2K in Alaska.
To access/record quotes, dial 1-800-323-5248. Liebersbach actualities are "filed" under "the latest on disaster recovery information." Punch "1" on your touch-tone phone. Canadian stations can call 1-202-646-4365.