FEMA and State Disaster Recovery Centers' Hours To Change

Main Content
Release date: 
November 19, 1998
Release Number: 

SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- Hours of operation for the Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) established to provide victims of the Oct.17-31 floods with an opportunity to meet face-to-face with disaster workers will change Sunday, Nov. 22 as follows:

Open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Closed Sunday

The centers are staffed with disaster recovery specialists, including representatives of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the state and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Information is available on housing and other disaster assistance programs available for homeowners, renters and business owners affected by the October flooding.

Before visiting the DRC, individuals who suffered damage to their home or business property in the declared counties are urged first to apply for assistance by calling FEMA's toll-free teleregistration number 1-800-462-9029 (TYY 1-800-462-7585 for speech- or hearing-impaired individuals). People who have applied for disaster assistance and have questions about the status of their application may also call the FEMA Helpline (1-800-525-0321, or TTY 1-800-660-8005). The telephone numbers are operational from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. through Saturday, Nov. 21. Beginning Monday, Nov. 23, the hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.

Disaster Recovery Centers are located as follows:

Municipal Park Clubhouse
Victoria Highway 87 East

Norwest Bank
301 St. Joseph St.

202 N. Camp St.
(Old Post Office Building)

New Braunfels
111 West Garden St.
(Former police station)

San Antonio
Lincoln Community Center
2915 E. Commerce

2704 N. Laurent
(Village Shopping Center)

1210 N. Richmond Rd.
(Old Cochran Motor Company)

Individuals may go to recovery centers to:

  • have questions answered regarding the various disaster assistance programs available;
  • receive assistance in filling out low-interest SBA loan packages for homeowners, renters and non-farm businesses;
  • turn in completed SBA loan packages;
  • obtain information on temporary housing; and
  • check the status of their application.
Last Updated: 
July 16, 2012 - 18:46
State/Tribal Government or Region: 
Back to Top