NIMSCAST 5.0 Rollout Materials
The National Incident Management System Compliance Assistance Support Tool (NIMSCAST) will now be accessed through the Preparedness Compliance Assessment System Tool (PrepCAST) portal. It is important to note that PrepCAST acts as the portal through which NIMSCAST is accessed – it is not a new reporting system. NIMSCAST will continue to be the tool that local, State, Tribal and Federal governments use to report their NIMS implementation status. Other than changes to NIMSCAST access, user profile management and user password management (all changes are detailed in NIMS Guide 01-13 below), NIMSCAST remains virtually the same. NIMSCAST accounts, assigned user roles, and the assessment management process remain the same.
The National Integration Center has developed a number of guides and tools to assist users with this transition. We recommend that users review the following three documents before accessing the PrepCAST portal for the first time:
- NIMSCAST Integration Demonstration: This is a webinar-style demonstration that shows the new processes needed to access the NIMSCAST tool through the PrepCAST Portal (PDF, 4.5mb).
- NIMSCAST Quick Guide - Sign In Process: This guide will provide current NIMSCAST users with the steps they need to take to create a new password, create security questions, and update their account information (PDF, 300kb)
- NIMS Guide 01-13: This guide reviews the changes in NIMSCAST access, user profile management and password management that are associated with NIMSCAST 5.0 (PDF, 1.6mb).
The NIMSCAST Quick Guides illustrate different aspects of NIMSCAST management:
- NIMSCAST Quick Guide - Sign In: This guide provides current NIMSCAST users with the steps they need to take to create a new password, create security questions, and update their account information (PDF, 300kb)
- NIMSCAST Quick Guide - Navigation: This guide provides users with the basics of navigating NIMSCAST (PDF, 280kb).
- NIMSCAST Quick Guide - Account Management: This guide provide users with guidance on creating NIMSCAST hierarchy's, identifying the current account, and creating/editing/deleting sub-accounts (PDF, 1.4mb)
- NIMSCAST Quick Guide - Permissions: This guide provides a description of the various user permission types, and gives instruction on adding, editing, and deleting user permissions (PDF, 330kb)
- NIMSCAST Quick Guide - Completing Assessments: This guide provides instruction on completing the assessment metrics, entering a corrective action plan, and rolling up assessment (PDF, 330kb).
- NIMSCAST Quick Guide - Reports: This guide provides a description of the different types of reports available to NIMSCAST users (PDF, 260kb).
We recommend that users also view the NIMSCAST Training Modules.