- Dwelling Policy Form
- General Property Policy Form
- Residential Condominium Building Association Policy (RCBAP) Form
The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) offers three Standard Flood Insurance Policy forms. These forms provide policyholders with a description of their coverage and other important coverage information.
Dwelling Policy Form
The Dwelling Policy Form may be issued to homeowners, residential renters and condominium unit-owners, owners of residential buildings containing two to four units.
In communities participating in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Regular Program* or Emergency Program** the dwelling policy provides building and/or contents coverage for:
- Detached, single-family, non-condominium residence with incidental occupancy limited to less than 50% of the total floor area;
- Two- to four- family, non-condominium building with incidental occupancy limited to less than 25% of the total floor area;
- Dwelling unit in residential condominium building;
- Residential townhouse/rowhouse
- Manufactured mobile homes
General Property Policy Form
The General Property Policy Form may be issued to owners or lessees of non-residential buildings or units, or residential condominium buildings that are uninsurable under the Residential Condominium Building Association Policy (RCBAP).
In communities participating in the NFIP Regular Program* or Emergency Program** the General Property Policy provides building and/or contents coverage for these and similar “other residential” risks:
- Hotel or motel with normal guest occupancy of 6 months or more;
- Apartment building;
- Residential cooperative building;
- Assisted-living facility.
And non-residential risks:
- Shop, restaurant, or other business;
- Mercantile building;
- Grain bin, silo, or other farm building;
- Agricultural or industrial processing facility;
- Poolhouse, clubhouse, or other recreational building;
- House of worship;
- Hotel or motel with normal guest occupancy of less than 6 months;
- Licensed bed-and-breakfast inn;
- Nursing home;
- Non-residential condominium;
- Condominium building with less than 75% of its total floor area in residential use;
- Detached garage;
- Tool shed;
- Stock, inventory, or other commercial contents.
Residential Condominium Building Association Policy (RCBAP) Form
The Residential Condominium Building Association Policy Form may be issued to condominium associations to insure eligible residential condominium buildings.
In participating NFIP Regular Program* communities only, provides building coverage and, if desired, coverage of commonly owned contents for residential condominium building with 75% or more of its total floor area in residential use.
*Regular Program- The final phase of a community's participation in the National Flood Insurance Program. In this phase, a Flood Insurance Rate Map is in effect and full limits of coverage are available under the Act.