Flood Disaster Offices

Main Content

When a major disaster hits causing a large number of flood claims, several types of temporary field offices may be established to coordinate flood insurance claims effectively and efficiently. These offices, described below, are primarily for insurance companies, agents, and adjusters.

Flood insurance policyholders should contact the insurance company or agent who wrote their policy to file a claim. Also read the Claims Handbook for tips on handling your claim.

FRO - Flood Response Office

A FRO handles claims troubleshooting, provides pertinent catastrophe related information to the adjusting community and assists with community meetings. The office is established by the NFIP Bureau and Statistical Agent to efficiently coordinate with the private sector windpool associations, WYO companies, FEMA's Disaster Field Office (DFO), Disaster Assistance Centers, and FEMA's regional staff.

CCO - Claims Coordinating Office

A central clearinghouse for receiving notices of loss involving hurricane, wind and flood damage upon activation of the Single Adjuster Program (SAP). This is accomplished by identifying wind and flood losses at the same property address followed by assigning the loss to a single adjuster who represents both insurers.

Last Updated: 
07/24/2014 - 16:00
Back to Top