These pages discusses Quick-2, Version 2.0 software and download instructions, including available guidance materials for users and how to subscribe to related news and information on FEMA Flood Hazard Mapping activities, including the latest on Quick-2.
- Quick-2, Version 2.0
- Additional Quick-2 Resources
- Subscribe to Receive Quick-2 News and Information
Quick-2 was primarily developed to accompany the FEMA technical guidance manual titled, The Zone A Manual: Managing Floodplain Development in Approximate Zone A Areas. The purpose of this manual is to provide guidance for obtaining and developing Base (100-year) Flood Elevations (BFEs) where Special Flood Hazard Areas (SFHAs) on a community's Flood Hazard Boundary Map (FHBM) or Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) have been identified and designated as Zone A. This manual is intended to assist local community officials who are responsible for administering and enforcing the floodplain management requirements of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Quick-2 is also useful for community engineers, architectural/engineering firms, developers and others at the local level who may be required to develop BFEs.
The Quick-2 program is provided as sets of .zip files. These files include Quick-2 program files compiled for 32-bit Windows 95/98/NT systems and for 16-bit Windows 3.x systems.
Quick-2, Version 2.0
For Windows 3.x/95/98/NT Extract the .zip file(s) for the application to your local directory (e.g., C:\temp) on you computer's hard drive.
Open the .zip file(s), highlight the file(s) and extract it (them) to a local directory on your computer's hard drive.
(NOTE: Quick-2, Versions 1.0 and 2.0, may be run from the same computer, provided that the Microsoft DOS and Windows versions are installed in different directories. If you currently have Version 1.0 installed, be sure not to copy the Version 2.0 program files to the same location as the Version 1.0 files on your hard disk. Additionally, Quick-2, Version 2.0 is designed to run only on Operating Systems (OSs) through Windows 98. FEMA does not plan to upgrade for OsS XP and beyond. FEMA suggests using HEC-RAS software for users experiencing issues using version 2.0 on later OSs.
Click on "Setup.exe" to run the program file.
Follow the on-screen directions to install the program. The default directory is C:\Program Files\Quick-2\ for the Windows 98/NT 32-bit version, C:\Program Files\Quick2\ for the Windows 95 32-bit version, and C:\QUICK2 for the Windows 3.x 16-bit application.
Click Start and then point to Programs. Locate the Quick-2 program folder and select the program name to start Quick-2, Version 2.0 (Windows 3.x). Locate the Quick-2 program group and select the program name to start Quick-2, Version 2.0 (Windows 95/98/NT).
You are now ready to run Quick-2, Version 2.0.
Additional Quick-2 Resources
Included in the download files are the following additional resources .
- Quick-2 multimedia tutorial - This tutorial walks the user through sample problems and provides more information about the Quick-2 program. For more information on the multimedia tutorial visit Quick-2 Tutorial System Requirements.
- Downloadable Sample Data Sets and Other Resources - Sample downloadable data sets for the Quick-2 program are provided from this page. These data sets can be input into the Quick-2 application interface to help reinforce your understanding of the Quick-2 program. Quick-2 training material and other information is also available from this page.
- Quick-2 Help File - This file includes a program Introduction, information on program Features, Tutorials, Formulas, Definitions of Variables, Technical Support and other useful information. An official user's manual is currently not available for Quick-2, Version 2.0. You may, however, download this file, print it out in its entirety and utilize this documentation to assist you with the program.
Subscribe to Receive Quick-2 News and Information
Please register to receive e-mail updates on FEMA Flood Hazard Mapping activities, including the latest on Quick-2.