Who Will Make it Happen?
Map Modernization is a collaborative process and a new way of doing business, cutting across all layers of government and other organizations.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) data are shared with other Federal agencies.
- FEMA partnerships with State, regional, and local stakeholders allows Partners to choose their level of involvement in mapping tasks such as collecting, updating, and adopting flood data.
- Fostering collaboration with Federal, State, and local partners, Map Modernization will help improve and maintain the quality of the flood hazard data produced for the National Flood Insurance Program.
- The FEMA-contracted National Service Provider, known as the Mapping On Demand Team, is assisting FEMA with improving consistency throughout the Nation and streamlining the goals of Map Modernization through innovation and partnerships.
- In collaboration with mapping partners and other stakeholders, FEMA has developed a 5-year plan called the Multi-Year Flood Hazard Identification Plan (MHIP) for updating the Nation's flood hazard data.
06/14/2012 - 16:54