Flood Map Modernization uses state-of-the-art technology to increase the quality, reliability, and availability of flood hazard maps and data.
- Advanced engineering streamlines studies/mapping projects and improves results.
- Capturing interim data throughout the study/mapping project process enables access to mapping products earlier in the process.
- Refined standards result in improved data quality.
- Flood maps are delivered in an industry-standard Geographic Information System format, which allows users to view information in a graphical format and add or remove layers of data according to their needs.
- Spatial visualization makes it easier to view and analyze the information.
- The FEMA Mapping Information Platform (MIP) gives stakeholders improved access to flood hazard data through the Web; flood maps and data may be accessed online via the MIP during the study/mapping project process as data become available.
- The MIP promotes data sharing with mapping partners, improves interoperability with existing data sources, and makes flood map updates quicker and cheaper.
06/14/2012 - 16:55