National Dam Safety Review Board
The Review Board advises FEMA’s Director in setting national dam safety priorities and considers the effects of national policy issues affecting dam safety. Review Board members include FEMA, the Chair of the Board, and representatives from four Federal agencies that serve on the Interagency Committee on Dam Safety (ICODS), five state dam safety officials, and one member from the private sector. A list of Review Board members can be found here.
Interagency Committee on Dam Safety
ICODS was founded in 1980 to encourage the establishment and maintenance of effective Federal programs, policies, and guidelines to enhance dam safety and security. ICODS serves as the permanent forum for the coordination of Federal activities in dam safety and security. FEMA also chairs ICODS. A list of ICODS members can be found here.
ICODS agencies include:
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Defense, Army Corps of Engineers
- Department of Energy
- Department of the Interior
- Department of Labor, Mine Safety and Health Administration
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Department of State, International Boundary and Water Commission
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Tennessee Valley Authority