Press Conference in New York

Main Content
Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks to group.
Middleburgh, N.Y., April 11, 2012 -- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced today that the state of New York will cover the local share of disaster response and recovery costs resulting from Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee. FEMA usually covers 75% of eligible disaster response and recovery costs, and the remaining 25% is typically shared equally by the state and localities. Under the Governor's direction, the state will pick up the local share for most eligible expenses, making $61 million available to 25 counties to cover costs associated with emergency shelter, road, water system and infrastructure repair, stream and riverbed mitigation, and other clean-up projects. Hans Pennink/FEMA - Location: Middleburgh, NY
Back to Top