Draft Environmental Assessment Village of The Hills Defensible Space and Hazardous Fuels Reduction Travis County, Texas October 2013
Draft Environmental Assessment Village of The Hills Defensible Space and Hazardous Fuels Reduction Travis County, Texas October 2013 /// The Village of The Hills, Texas, proposes to implement a defensible space and hazardous fuels reduction project to reduce wildfire hazards and mitigate the potential for destructive wildfires in the common areas and greenbelts owned by Village of The Hills residents. The Village of The Hills has submitted an application to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) through the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) for a grant under FEMA's Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP). The TDEM is the direct applicant for the grant, and the Village of The Hills is the subapplicant. The HMGP is authorized by Section 404 of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act. Under the HMGP, federal funds pay 75 percent of the project cost, and the remaining 25 percent comes from nonfederal sources. This Draft EA has been prepared to analyze the potential consequences to the natural and human environment associated with the Proposed Action, the No Action Alternative, and other potential alternatives per the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) (42 United States Code [USC] 55 parts 4321 et seq., 2000), the President’s Council on Environmental Quality (CEQ) implementing regulations (40 Code of Federal Regulations [CFR] 30 parts 1500 et seq., 2004), and 44 CFR Emergency Management and Assistance Ch. I Part 10.
|Draft Environmental Assessment Village of The Hills Defensible Space and Hazardous Fuels Reduction Travis County, Texas October 2013||8.04M|