Join the LLIS.gov Community
LLIS.gov is accessible to individuals from all levels and disciplines working in the emergency response or homeland security communities. The registration process to join LLIS.gov includes a verification step to ensure eligibility.
Eligible individuals may register by following these steps.
- Go to www.LLIS.gov and click on “Register for LLIS.gov”
- Enter your professional and contact information; click “next”
- Complete membership eligibility information by providing the following:
- Name, title and contact information of someone who can confirm your status as an individual working in the emergency response or homeland security community
- An explanation for your request to access the LLIS.gov system (e.g. to contribute lessons learned information pertaining to mass care sheltering at the local level.)
- Enter a user name and password, provide responses to security questions and agree to the terms of service and privacy notice.
The system will generate an email to you asking for you to verify your email address. Simply click on the embedded link to verify your address.
Once your eligibility is verified, you will receive email notification with directions on how to access the system. Please note that verification processing time varies based upon receipt of verification data from your reference.
If at any time you experience difficulty in the registration process, contact the LLIS.gov Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions about LLIS.gov