The International Affairs Division manages the Agency’s engagement with the international emergency management community to enhance Agency learning and continuous improvement.
As the hub for FEMA's engagement with the international emergency management community, the International Affairs Division is primarily responsible for:
- Managing the International Assistance System (IAS) following a Stafford Act Declaration to address international offers of assistance, or manage requests for international disaster assistance in support of disaster survivors;
- Managing engagements with international emergency management partners under the authority of presidential directives and bilateral and multilateral agreements;
- Coordinating foreign visit requests to FEMA facilities;
- Providing support services to FEMA employees traveling internationally on official business;
- Facilitating the exchange of emergency management best practices between U.S. and international partners to strengthen global capacity to respond to disasters;
- Leading the U.S. government’s interagency support to the civil emergency planning efforts at the North Atlantic Treaty Organization; and
- Coordinating international partnership activities to support the objectives of National Level Exercises, in collaboration with the National Exercise Division/FEMA.
For any inquiries or concerns contact: