FEMA Office of Policy and Program Analysis
International Affairs Division
500 C Street, S.W.
Washington, DC 20472
Carole Cameron, Director
Andrew Slaten, Deputy Director
As the hub for FEMA's engagement with the international emergency management community, the International Affairs Division is primarily responsible for:
- Managing engagements with international emergency management partners under the authority of existing U.S. treaties, agreements, and presidential directives;
- Coordinating foreign visit requests to FEMA facilities;
- Providing support services to FEMA employees traveling internationally on official business;
- Facilitating the identification and sharing of information and solutions between U.S. and international emergency management stakeholders to strengthen global capacity to respond to disasters;
- Leading the interagency civil emergency planning effort at the North Atlantic Treaty Organization;
- Serving as FEMA’s liaison to the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Agency for International Development's Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance and other U.S. Government regulatory agencies during activation of the National Response Framework’s International Coordination Support Annex and in the event that foreign offers of assistance, in response to a disaster, require FEMA to activate the International Assistance System; and
- Coordinating international partnership activities to support the objectives of National Level Exercises, in collaboration with the National Exercise Division/FEMA.
07/24/2014 - 16:00