- Save the date! October 8 – Panel Discussion: Performance management with the mobile workforce to be held in M-01 from 11-noon.
- Save the date! October 30 – Telework Success for Managers and Supervisors available via Webinar Only from noon-1 p.m.
Important message about appropriations
Lapse in appropriations, as new fiscal year begins - As many of you are aware, Fiscal Year 2013 funding for the Federal Government expires on Sept. 30, 2013. However, there is enough time for Congress to pass a short-term continuing resolution to maintain our current operations and prevent a lapse in funding on Oct. 1. The Administration believes that a funding lapse should be avoided and is willing to work with Congress to pass a CR to allow further time for Congress to complete the full-year FY 2014 appropriations bills. For more information, visit Lapse in Appropriations Guidance.
From the Field
- FEMA awarded for environmental stewardship in New York - FEMA's New York Joint Field Office has been recognized for the sustainable practices implemented while responding to disaster response and recovery to Hurricane Sandy.
- North Dakota Disaster Housing Mission Comes to a Close - The 2011 Souris (Mouse) River Flood was one of the largest disasters in the history of FEMA Region VIII. More than 4,000 homes were damaged, with many residential areas inundated for more than a month.
- North Dakota Disaster Housing Team Remembers Colleague - As nearly 27 months of effort comes to a close, there will be one very visible reminder of FEMA’s disaster housing operation – Wheatland Village, also known as the Virgil Workman Village.
- Noble EOC Commands Hospital Patient Surge - The Center for Domestic Preparedness recently opened a new Emergency Operations Center or hospital command center used by emergency responders during training.
Employee News and Announcements
- End of Fiscal Year Approaching - Fiscal Year 2013 Year-End Closing Instructions - The Office of the Chief Financial Officer issued Fiscal Year 2013 year-end closing instructions on July 10, 2013.
- Travel Spanning Fiscal Years - The Office of the Chief Financial Officer has updated its guidance for end of fiscal year travel and issued a revised CFO Bulletin #150, Travel Spanning Fiscal Years.
- Per Diem Rates now available and loaded in Fed Traveler - The new Continental United States per diem rates for Fiscal Year 2014, effective Oct. 1, 2013, have been loaded to FedTraveler.com.
- New DIAMOND system to replace the legacy photo and video library - FEMA’s new Multimedia Library System, also known as DIAMOND, runs the video and audio segments of the fema.gov site. This system replaces FEMA’s legacy photo/video library system as a more cost effective and user friendly system.
- Flu shots are now available - Flu season is approaching. Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 24, flu shots will be available to FEMA employees. One flu shot will provide protection against the three flu virus strains including Influenza B, H1N1 and H3N2.
FEMA Social Media
Training and Career Development
- NEW - Maintaining Resilience During Challenging Times featuring Dr. Russ Linden
- NEW – Rotational Assignment Opportunity at OMB for GS-9 – GS-12!
- NEW Online Courses – OPM’s Manager’s Corner
- NEW Webinar – Conflict Resolution Week Virtual Training Conference
- Headquarters Speed Mentoring Event – Oct. 17!
- Now Accepting Applications for the Graduate Academic Programs at the Department of Defense Senior Service Schools!
- Mentor a Presidential Management Fellow – Earn Leader as Teacher Credit!
- Now Accepting Applications for the CHDS Master’s FY14 Cohort!
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are aware of a FEMA employee that is not receiving these All Hands Messages, please have them contact the Enterprise Service Desk at 1-888-457-3362, or email Enterprise-Service-Desk and request to be added to the All Hands distribution lists. You must be a FEMA employee to be added to this list.
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted. Please submit story ideas to FEMA-Weekly by COB Tuesday.