- Date change – Panel Discussion: Performance management with the mobile workforce has been changed to the week of Oct. 7. Stay tuned for more information about this panel discussion.
Deputy Administrator’s Corner
FEMA Support to Colorado Flooding - As we are all well aware, the State of Colorado has experienced historic flooding over the past several days as the result of heavy rainfall. The flooding has caused massive destruction and forced thousands of residents in counties near the Boulder-Denver metro area to evacuate their homes. Read the full message.
From the Field
- CDP tackles Ready Alabama at Auburn University - Auburn University served as the setting for Alabama’s tenth Ready Alabama Day. FEMA’s Center for Domestic Preparedness joined more than 40 emergency response and volunteer organizations in displaying the latest in response capabilities and training opportunities. Read more.
- FEMA Region VI Administrator Tony Robinson Keynote Speaker at 2013 Oklahoma Emergency Management Conference - FEMA Region VI Administrator Tony Robinson addressed local, state and federal officials Aug. 20, on the importance of individual preparedness at the 2013 Oklahoma Emergency Management Conference.
- FEMA Region VI Celebrates National Preparedness Month - FEMA Region VI employees are celebrating National Preparedness Month right along with the emergency management and preparedness partners they serve in Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
Employee News and Announcements
- National Continuity Programs-IPAWS Wireless Emergency Alerts Save Children’s Lives - Did you know that FEMA has been at the center of developing alert and warning technology that has resulted in saving the lives of missing children? Most modern cell phones now have the technology to receive free alerts and warnings known as Wireless Emergency Alerts or WEAs that can warn the public about severe weather, as well as AMBER Alerts about missing children and other threats to public safety.
- Information for 9/11 Pentagon and Shanksville, Pennsylvania, Responders - What does The James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act mean for individual people who responded to the Pentagon and the Shanksville, Pa., crash site? Learn more.
- FEMA’s New Employee Performance Management Program - FEMA will implement the new Employee Performance Management Program for the upcoming 2014 Performance Cycle. The EPMP is a results-oriented program, utilizing performance goals and competencies tied directly to the mission.
- FEMAStat Podcast, Helping FEMA Go Smart – Episode 2: "Assisting Tornado Survivors in Oklahoma" - Highlighting the creative ways FEMA employees are using data and technology every day.
- Deadlines Approaching - Fiscal Year 2013 Year-End Closing - The Office of the Chief Financial Officer issued Fiscal Year 2013 Year-End Closing Instructions on July 10, 2013.
FEMA Social Media
Training and Career Development
- Headquarters Speed Mentoring Event – October 17th!
- Now Accepting Applications for the Graduate Academic Programs at the Department of Defense Senior Service Schools!
- Mentor a Presidential Management Fellow – Earn Leader as Teacher Credit!
- Now Accepting Applications for the CHDS Master’s FY14 Cohort!
- The next Virtual Employee Development Fair will be on Monday, September 30!
- NEW! Learn how you can meet the Continual Learning and Leader as Teacher requirements!
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are aware of a FEMA employee that is not receiving these All Hands Messages, please have them contact the Enterprise Service Desk at 1-888-457-3362, or email Enterprise-Service-Desk and request to be added to the All Hands distribution lists. You must be a FEMA employee to be added to this list.
Employee News Online is a news site that highlights the work of FEMA employees and issues related to the FEMA mission. It is produced by the Office of External Affairs, Public Affairs Division at 500 C Street, Washington.
You may submit your articles and announcements to FEMA-Weekly for inclusion to Employee News Online, FEMA Weekly Bulletin. Please allow 24-48 hours for your article or announcement to be posted. Please submit story ideas to FEMA-Weekly by COB Tuesday.