Message from Deputy Administrator Serino
2013 Employee Viewpoint Survey Results. View Nov. 22, 2013 memo >>
FEMA’s 2013 Combined Federal Campaign has begun and will run through January 15th. The theme of this year’s campaign is “I Make It Possible” and we’re off to a great start – FEMA raised over $6,000 just within the first two days of the campaign’s kickoff. Read more.
Wireless Emergency Alerts Save Lives
Kentucky’s New CEOC Is A Great Example of Partnership
The new Kentucky Commonwealth Emergency Operations Center (CEOC) was unveiled on October 21, 2013 during a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by Gov. Steve Beshear, FEMA and state personnel. Read more about CEOC the facility on the FEMA blog.
Bolch Gets Carolina Thank You
Even amid a disaster recovery, North Carolina took a moment Wednesday to thank one of its own. N.C. Emergency Management Director Mike Sprayberry surprised Bolch with a plaque citing his “superior leadership, work ethic and technical expertise.” Read more.
FEMA Corps Graduation
Last week, campuses in Sacramento, Calif., and Denver, Colo., bid farewell to their first classes of FEMA Corps members. The two graduation ceremonies marked the conclusion of a 10-month service term for several hundred Corps members, who spent that time responding to disasters such as Hurricane Sandy and the tornado in Moore, Okla. Read more.
Ready Kids Gives a Refresh to its Web Pages
The South Central Kansas Regional Hospital Preparedness Group attended training at FEMA's Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP), during November. Read entire story on the Center for Domestic Preparedness website.
DHS Officials Honor Our Veterans
Toys for Tots - Annual Giving Campaign
2013 Use or Lose Leave Guidance
2014 Annual Contribution Limits for Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) and Catch-up
Federal Benefits Open Season - Monday November 11 to Monday December 9, 2013.
Professional Development and Training
Please read and take advantage of the following training opportunities being offered to the FEMA workforce.
- NEW! Continual Learning for Supervisors –Webcast - Basic Recruitment Bootcamp
- NEW! Now accepting applications for the Presidential Management Council Interagency Rotations Program.
- New! Now accepting applications to the U.S. Army’s Senior Leader Seminar, January 26-31, 2014 in Shepherdstown, WV.
- NEW! Now accepting applications to the National Intelligence University Master of Science of Strategic Intelligence program!
- Online Courses – OPM’s Manager’s Corner
- Now Accepting Applications for the Graduate Academic Programs at the Department of Defense Senior Service Schools!
- The next Virtual Employee Development Fair will be on Monday, November 18th!
- Mentor a Presidential Management Fellow – Earn Leader as Teacher Credit!
- NEW! Learn how you can meet the Continual Learning and Leader as Teacher requirements!
NOVEMBER 30 DEADLINE! Office of Management and Budget - Special Assistant (GS-9)
Rotational assignments are great ways to build proficiency in technical and leader competencies, while learning about other organizations. To learn more about rotations, visit the Internal Rotation Program page or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees can apply for rotation and supervisors can post rotational assignment opportunities directly on that site.
DECEMBER 31 DEADLINE