Message from Deputy Administrator Serino: Super Typhoon Haiyan
On Friday, November 8th, Super Typhoon Haiyan made landfall in the Eastern Philippines, destroying entire towns and cities. Tens of thousands of families are without homes and searching for loved ones. Read more on how you can help.
Monday, November 25, 2013
Time: 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Location: FEMA HQ/M-01, telephone, and VTC
Featured Keynote Speaker:
Jodi Gillette, Senior Advisor on Native American Affairs, White House Domestic Policy Council
Combined Federal Campaign video message from Administrator Fugate. FEMA’s 2013 Combined Federal Campaign has begun and will run through January 15th. The theme of this year’s campaign is “I Make It Possible” and we’re off to a great start – FEMA raised over $6,000 just within the first two days of the campaign’s kickoff. Read more.
Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey Results
Acting Secretary Beers issued a message to all DHS employees regarding the results of the 2013 Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey. » Read More
By Eileen Moon, External Affairs, Lincroft JFO (DR-4086-NJ)
FEMA reservist Myrna Robinson had a special visitor at the JFO in Lincroft, N.J., on Oct. 25 when her son, Mike Minnick, and his dog, Bixby, stopped by to say hello. Read more.
By Shannon Arledge, Public Affairs Specialist
The Prince Georges County, Md., Fire and Emergency Medical Service Training Academy attended training at FEMA’s Center for Domestic Preparedness recently. Read more about the 25 firefighter-medic recruits that attended the Emergency Responder Hazardous Materials Technician for CBRNE Incidents course.
The Naval Postgraduate School Center for Homeland Defense and Security (CHDS), the nation’s homeland security educator, announces the launch of its seventh annual CHSD Essay Competition. Read more.
Professional Development and Training
Please read and take advantage of the following training opportunities being offered to the FEMA workforce.
- NEW! Continual Learning for Supervisors –Webcast - Basic Recruitment Bootcamp
- NEW! Now accepting applications for the Presidential Management Council Interagency Rotations Program.
- New! Now accepting applications to the U.S. Army’s Senior Leader Seminar, January 26-31, 2014 in Shepherdstown, WV.
- NEW! Now accepting applications to the National Intelligence University Master of Science of Strategic Intelligence program!
- Online Courses – OPM’s Manager’s Corner
- Now Accepting Applications for the Graduate Academic Programs at the Department of Defense Senior Service Schools!
- The next Virtual Employee Development Fair will be on Monday, November 18th!
- Mentor a Presidential Management Fellow – Earn Leader as Teacher Credit!
- NEW! Learn how you can meet the Continual Learning and Leader as Teacher requirements!
Rotational assignments are great ways to build proficiency in technical and leader competencies, while learning about other organizations. To learn more about rotations, visit the Internal Rotation Program Page or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees can apply for rotations and supervisors can post rotational assignment opportunities directly on that site.