Employee Events Calendar >> February, 2014
>> Table of contents
- Save the date! Black History Month Program
- Rescheduled! The 2013 Administrator's Awards Ceremony
- LLIS.gov Hosts New Webinar on Cybersecurity
- Morning Cup of Telework Webinar; February 19, 2014 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. EST
- Telework Week March 3-7, 2014
Save the date! FEMA Black History Month
Date: Monday, February 24, 2014
Time: 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Location: FEMA HQ/M-01, telephone, and VTC
- Moderator – Pauline Campbell, Director, FEMA Office of Equal Rights
- Panelist – Barbara Childs-Pair, Emergency Management Liaison, WMATA
- Panelist – Vallee Bunting, Executive Officer, FEMA Office of External Affairs
- Panelist – Eric Smith, Assistant Administrator, FEMA Logistics Management Directorate
- All National Capitol Region FEMA employees are invited to attend in person.
- Employees outside the DC area can participate via FEMA’s video teleconferencing system. Contact your local IT site support for further information and check with your manager to ask whether the VTC will be available in your division.
- Conference Bridge: 1-800-320-4330; PIN: 371675
- For those individuals calling in you can send your questions directly to the FEMA-Employee-Communications mailbox in advance.
- Sign language interpretation will be available on site.
- You can access CART services by logging on to http://www.streamtext.net/text.aspx?event=FEMA Please click on your browser's refresh button, if an error message appears. Closed captioning will be available via VTC only.
Note: Because there are no presentation slides required for this panel discussion, Adobe Connect will not be an option. Please refer to the conference bridge details provided above.
Save the date! FEMA and Southwest Interagency Committee will celebrate Black History Month - February 25th, 1:30 p.m.
Please come out and join FEMA and the Southwest Interagency Committee in celebrating Black History Month program. The program will be held on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 1:30 to 3:00 pm in Broadcasting Board of Governors, Wilbur J. Cohen Bldg., 300 Independence Ave. SW., Washington, DC. The keynote speaker is Ms. Patrice Gains, a newspaper reporter for 23 years and a Pulitzer Finalist, a author of two well received books. She appeared on the Oprah and Dateline NBC to tal about her personal experience in America’s criminal justice system.
Due to inclement weather on February 13th and the activation of the NRCC, the 2013 Administrator’s Awards Ceremony has been rescheduled for February 27th at 3:30 p.m.
The Awards recognize and unique work in one of three areas: Exemplary Emergency Manager, Outstanding Survivor Service, and Innovation. The ceremony will be in the NRCC with VTC connections to the regions.
Each year the Administrators Awards recognize employees from across FEMA who have gone above and beyond their daily work in support of the FEMA mission. Their accomplishments represent exceptional and unique work in one of the following three areas:
Exemplary Emergency Manager
Outstanding Survivor Service
The ceremony will be held at FEMA headquarters in the NRCC on the Mezzanine Level.
Additional participation options:
Video teleconferencing (VTC). Please contact your supervisor for the assigned location in your Region.
Listen only telecom: 1-800-320-4330 – Passcode: 212208
Multicast Streaming will be available to view the ceremony from your PC. If you would like to stream the ceremony the following link will be available 30 minutes prior to the start: http://fema-voc-sns.fema.net/p.jsp?i=9. You must be on the FEMA Network, with a Microsoft operating system and Internet Explorer as your web browser to access the link.
For headquarters employees unable to attend, the event will be aired on FEMA’s internal Channel 13.
Sign language interpretation will be available on site.
You can access CART services by logging on to http://www.streamtext.net/text.aspx?event=FEMA. If you click and see "Event Not Active," please click on your browser's refresh button.
LLIS.gov Hosts New Webinar on Cybersecurity
LLIS.gov is continuing the “Webinar Wednesdays” series on cybersecurity. The next webinar will take place on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 from 1pm-2pm (EST). Doug White, PhD, Chair of the Department of Forensics, Applied Networking and Cybersecurity at Roger Williams University, will discuss the reality and risks of physical security. In the technology world, physical security is often the first point of compromise making it one of the most important topics,yet few technology experts, specialists and emergency managers have sufficient background or knowledge of this area. Learn more about this topic by tuning in this Wednesday, February 19, from 1pm-2pm (EST). To participate click here. To listen in call 1-800-320-4330 participant code: 266472.
For more information on “Webinar Wednesdays,” or to find out how to host your own webinar, please visit LLIS.gov, follow @LLIS on twitter, or contact Jenny Sokatch at Jenny.Sokatch@fema.dhs.gov.
Morning Cup of Telework Webinar; February 19, 2014 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. EST.
This webinar will focus on practical approaches and successful tactics for working in a remote environment. We will also review best practices while Teleworking in preparation for Telework Week, WebTA for teleworkers and communication tools used among remote workers. You can participate in the webinar by accessing https://fema.connectsolutions.com/r7qywocc2to/ : Conference Number: 1 -800-320-4330, Participant Code: 542281
Telework Week March 3-7, 2014.
Join us for Telework Week 2014. Telework Week is a week-long, global effort that encourages agencies, organizations and individuals to telework. Employees are encouraged to make the pledge to telework the week of March 3-7, 2014. For additional information and to pledge, please visit: >> Read more.