- Multicast Streaming will be available to view the meeting from your PC. If you would like to stream the meeting the following link will be available 30 minutes prior to the start: http://fema-voc-sns.fema.net/p.jsp?i=9
- You must be on the FEMA Network, with a Microsoft operating system and Internet Explorer as your web browser to access the link.
- The meeting will also be aired on FEMA’s internal Channel 13.
- Past meeting presentation slides are available for you to view at http://on.fema.net/communications_publications/Pages/communications_publ....
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) is offering training on the travel system, Concur Government Edition (CGE). Sign up now for CGE Basic User/Alternate Preparer Training – Non-Disaster. Learn how to build your profile, receive training on booking reservations, create and sign travel authorizations and vouchers, and prepare travel documents for other FEMA employees.
Two sessions are currently scheduled, seats will be filled on a first come first serve basis, sign up today!
- Where: 90 K Street, NE
- When: August 20, 2014 (Registration deadline August 19)
- When: August 27, 2014 (Registration deadline August 25)
- Time for both sessions: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please ensure you receive your supervisor’s approval prior to submitting your name to attend training. We ask that you submit your request for training, along with supervisor's approval, to FEMATravelPolicy@fema.DHS.gov in the following format:
Supervisor Approval (YES or NO):
Your enrollment will be confirmed once you accept the calendar invitation sent by the OCFO Financial Policy Office. Please be sure to immediately respond to the calendar invitation to confirm attendance. Your government PIV badges are necessary to access the 90 K Street, NE facility. All employees should bring their FEMA issued laptops to training as needed. Transportation will not be provided.
Questions regarding CGE training should be directed to the FEMA Travel Policy mailbox at FEMA-TravelPolicy@fema.dhs.gov.
Learn more about the available activities, workshops and leader development programs available to employees. Visit with program graduates, learn about the book club, and get information on the application/registration process. The afternoon session is available for VTC to fixed sites outside the DC area. Email EDU@fema.dhs.gov to register for an Open House.
The next Open House is scheduled for:
- Wednesday, September 10
9:00-11:00 am and 1:00-3:00 pm
No more waiting on hold. The Automated Deployment Database (ADD) is being replaced by something new and improved: the Deployment Tracking System (DTS). This change will take effect by December 1, 2014.
The Deployment Tracking System (DTS) is a web-based approach to managing the deployment process. It will help everyone manage their individual availabilities and respond to deployment requests. Users will also be able to use the system to check in and out of a deployment, update lodging, and take care of other requirements.
Everyone at FEMA is an emergency manager, so everyone needs to be able to access the system. Therefore, two-hour orientations will take place every Tuesday and Thursday at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) through September 1, 2014. Instructions for registering for an orientation are provided below.
If you have questions concerning DTS or these orientation sessions, please contact IWMD Director, Patrick L. Hernandez, at 202-212-1935 or at Patrick.Hernandez@fema.dhs.gov.
Registering for an Orientation
Once a user’s DTS account has been activated, participants may register for an upcoming orientation session by completing the following steps:
- Log onto the DTS Responder Portal at https://www.FEMARESponder.net.
- After logging on, the system will direct the user to the Dashboard. At the bottom of the screen is the tile labeled “Orientation”.
- Click on the Orientation tile to be presented with a list of upcoming orientation seminars.
- Click on the “Register” button for any orientation session.
- After registering, the participant will receive an email with instructions and contact information.
- If the participant is unable to attend an orientation for which they have already registered, they may unregister and select another option.
All FEMA employees MUST participate in the orientation. Non-deployed Reservists will be compensated for two hours upon completion of the orientation. Completion is determined by accepting an exercise deployment request during the orientation. All items in the orientation task list (found in the Orientation tile in the responder Portal) will turn green and have a check mark indicating task completion.
If you have questions, please contact the FEMA IWMD Call Center at 1-855-377-3362, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., EST, Monday through Friday.
Have some fun and join your FEMA colleagues in a 10K team-race on Sunday, November 2, at 8:00 a.m. in Washington. The Parks 10k will start and finish in West Potomac Park in Washington, which is just minutes from The National Mall. An unlimited number of runners may register on the team, and the top four times (a minimum of one male and one female) will count for the team’s score.
- Register by August 31, 2014 for registration fee of $45.
- Website to register: http://www.prraces.com/theparks10k/
- Register as an individual in Team: Better Late Than Never