Look inside FEMA’s Hiring Process to learn what you should expect when applying for a job and most importantly how to submit a job application.
Applying for a job with FEMA can seem confusing because there are:
- Multiple employment types
- Different application requirements for each position (make sure you read ‘How to Apply’ on job announcements!)
- Hiring laws for the Federal government
These strict hiring laws ensure fair and equitable employment, including the requirement that all agencies use USAJOBS.gov to post open jobs and accept applications. This may seem impersonal to some, but it makes sure that employees are hired based solely on merit and qualifications. Every agency’s Human Resources department connects directly to USAJOBS.gov, so there is no middleman in the posting of job announcements or the review of applications and resumes.
We’ve created resources to make it easy for you to apply and know what to expect. Check out these detailed guides:
- Applying to a FEMA Vacancy – A step-by-step guide explaining how to apply to an open job using USAJOBS.gov and CareerConnector.
- Applying to a FEMA Reservist Vacancy – A step-by-step guide explaining how to apply to open Reservist jobs.
The below infographic summarizes how to submit a job application at FEMA. For text version of the infographic, visit our document library.
Want to know more about FEMA Careers? Follow us on our LinkedIn page where we regularly post Careers-related information, videos, and helpful tips. Let us know if our resources are helpful to you and how we can help more - we’re listening!
We look forward to reviewing your applications. Good luck!