Total Funding Available in FY 2012: $10,000,000
Purpose: NSGP provides funding support for target hardening and other physical security enhancements and activities to nonprofit organizations that are at high risk of a terrorist attack and located within one of the specific FY 2012 UASI-eligible urban areas. The FY 2012 NSGP plays an important role in the implementation of the Presidential Policy Directive – 8 by supporting the development and sustainment of core capabilities to fulfill the National Preparedness Goal.
Eligible Applicants: The SAA is the only entity eligible to apply to FEMA for NSGP funds on behalf of eligible nonprofit organizations (as described under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986). Eligible nonprofit organizations determined to be at high risk of a terrorist attack and located within one of the specific FY 2012 UASI-eligible urban areas must apply for funding through their SAA.
Program Awards: FY 2012 NSGP funds will be allocated based on risk analysis, effectiveness, and integration with broader state and local preparedness efforts. Each nonprofit organization may apply through their SAA for up to a $75,000 grant award.
- FY 2012 NSGP Funding Opportunity Announcement (PDF 187KB, TXT 68KB)
- FY 2012 NSGP FAQs (PDF 62KB, TXT 5KB)
- FY 2012 NSGP Fact Sheet (PDF 129KB, TXT 6KB)
- FY 2012 NSGP Investment Justification Template (PDF 53KB, TXT 12KB)
- FY 2012 NSGP Scoring Worksheet (to be completed by the SAA only) (PDF 64KB, TXT 13KB)