The Intercity Passenger Rail (IPR) - Amtrak Program plays an important role in the implementation of Presidential Policy Directive – 8 (PPD-8) by supporting the development and sustainment of core capabilities to fulfill the NPG.
Fiscal Year 2012 Intercity Passenger Rail Program
Total Funding Available in Fiscal Year (FY) 2012: $10,000,000
The Intercity Passenger Rail (IPR) - Amtrak Program provides funding to Amtrak to develop security enhancements for eligible intercity passenger rail operations.
The eligible applicant under the FY 2012 IPR Program is the National Passenger Railroad Corporation (Amtrak). Amtrak is the only entity eligible to apply for funding under the FY 2012 IPR Program.
DHS will partner with Amtrak to develop security enhancements for eligible intercity passenger rail operations in all eligible Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) areas Amtrak passes through or services.
- FY 2012 IPR Funding Opportunity Announcement (PDF 250.2KB, TXT 92.7KB)
- FY 2012 IPR Fact Sheet (PDF 124.3KB, TXT KB)
- FY 2012 IPR Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF 60.5KB, TXT 3.5KB)
- FY 2012 IPR Program Sample Budget Detail Worksheet (PDF 57.5KB, TXT 7.5KB)
- FY 2012 IPR Program Investment Justification Template (PDF 61.4KB, TXT 9.2KB)