Total Funding Available in FY 2011: $4,990,000
Purpose: Intercity Bus Security Grant Program (IBSGP) provides funding to create a sustainable program for the protection of intercity bus systems and the traveling public from terrorism. The program seeks to assist operators of fixed-route intercity and charter bus services in obtaining the resources required to support security measures such as enhanced planning, facility security upgrades and vehicle and driver protection.
Eligible Applicants: Eligible applicants under the FY 2011 IBSGP are owners and operators of fixed route intercity and charter buses that serve UASI jurisdictions. Charter companies must make a minimum of 50 trips annually to one or more UASI jurisdictions to be eligible. The Tier I/Tier II designation used in prior years is not being used for FY 2011 applicants; all owner/operators that meet the basic eligibility criteria may apply.
Program Awards: Bus companies will compete for funds irrespective of their size and without the use of a tier system. Recipients will be selected through a competitive process based on the ratings of the National Review Panel.
FY 2011 IBSGP has a 75 percent (75%) federal and 25 percent (25%) grantee cost match (cash- or in-kind) requirement.
- FY 2011 IBSGP Guidance and Application Kit (PDF 622KB, TXT 81KB)
- FY 2011 IBSGP Award Administration Information (PDF 340KB, TXT 56KB)
- FY 2011 IBSGP FAQs (PDF 50KB, TXT 5KB)
- FY 2011 IBSGP Factsheet (PDF 134KB, TXT 5KB)
- FY 2011 IBSGP Investment Justification Template (PDF 39KB, TXT 14KB)
- FY 2011 IBSGP Sample Budget Detail Worksheet (PDF 22KB, TXT 7KB)
- FY 2011 IBSGP Vulnerability Assessment and Security Plan Certification Statement (PDF 10KB, TXT 1KB)