Total Funding Available in FY 2011: $7,745,544
Purpose: Freight Rail Security Grant Program (FRSGP) provides funding to freight railroad carriers, owners and offerors of railroad cars, and owners of rail bridges to protect critical surface transportation infrastructure from acts of terrorism, major disasters, and other emergencies.
Eligible Applicants: Eligible applicants for the FY 2011 FRSGP are determined by the Department of Homeland Security as Class I, II, and III freight railroad carriers that transport Rail Security-Sensitive Materials, owners and offerors of railroad cars that transport toxic inhalation hazardous materials, and owners of rail bridges that have a volume exceeding 4.9 MGTM. For purposes of this grant program, “offerors” are entities that lease rail cars in order to ship TIH materials by railroad.
Program Awards: FY 2011 FRSGP funds will be allocated competitively based on their ability to deliver protection to underground rail and other high-risk assets, provide counter-terrorism training, or develop security plans and vulnerability assessments.
FY 2011 FRSGP has a 75 percent (75%) federal and 25 percent (25%) grantee cost match (cash- or in-kind) requirement. Vulnerability assessments and security plans are exempt from this cost match requirement.
- FY 2011 FRSGP Guidance and Application Kit (PDF 190KB, TXT 101KB)
- FY 2011 FRSGP Award Administration Information (PDF 340KB, TXT 56KB)
- FY 2011 FRSGP FAQs (PDF 53KB, TXT 7KB)
- FY 2011 FRSGP Fact Sheet (PDF 135KB, TXT 4KB)
- FY 2011 FRSGP Investment Justification Template (PDF 39KB, TXT 13KB)
- FY 2011 FRSGP Budget Detail Worksheet (PDF 22KB, TXT 7KB)
- FY 2011 FRSGP Vulnerability Assessment and Security Plan Certification Statement (PDF 10KB, TXT 2KB)
- FY 2011 FRSGP Vulnerability Assessment and Security Plan Certification Statement for 49 CFR Part 172
(PDF 10KB, TXT 1KB)
- FY 2011 FRSGP Owners and Offerors Concurrence Statement (PDF 11KB, TXT 2KB)